Thursday 3 November 2011

Defining Fun..

Fun to me in relation to games is a game that I can really immerse myself in and escape reality and all other thoughts that are clogging my head and just focus on the entertainment that is present before me.

I really enjoy my single-player games, mostly platformers and adventure games. There are single-player games with a great story I can get lost in and anticipate a sequel so strongly just to know what happens next in the story. Single-player games can really give me a fun experience and its like playing in a movie.

I also play MMO's a lot also and I think because when playing with other people and especially friends, it just makes the experience that much more memorable. The longest game I would have played is World of Warcraft, a massive online game with many places to explore and fight and survive whether you adventure alone or with friends. The dungeon content within this game is where groups of up to 5 or 40 players at a time! all come together to strategise, put character strengths together and take down enemy bosses. These dungeons fights could never be done alone and when your in the heat of a battle focusing and co-ordinating with friends and other people online in your group, there is an adrenaline! And once you take out that boss, it is a great victory. That for me is where a lot of fun can be had, and shared! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment